Thursday, April 8, 2010

How does your family, friends and professors define who you are..


My cousin Ana had to ask: .with a little thought this is what I wrote...Your family helps define you from birth. This is where you get your roots. From the time you are born your parent can add your detract from how you feel as a person. If they are positive about who you are you feel positive about you. My father always told me how smart and beautiful I was and I believed him. He also always complained about wanting a boy (Have to carry on the family name.) and therefore I knew that in his mind men were more superior..although really that just made me push the opposite. My mother helped me define what was meant to be a woman. She was caregiver, a hardworker, although I seen her struggles with self confidence and standing up strong for who she was. So they shapes me in positive ways but as with any child you also take what you want to do different. Also your parents give you guidelines of what is right and what is wrong. They shape your world view of what you see as normal. Once you grow then your friends challenge that. I had friends who challenges my religion, my values but also showed me better ways to live. So therefore your world view gets bigger. Once you enter college, a good professor will challenges your though processes even further. So because of my parents, I am an Italian strong, smart, beautiful person. Because of my friends I have been challenged to find who I am even further, I became a Christian and because of teachers in my life my world view has grown even further and helped me be a college graduate.. I am a loving mother mother, a determined wife, a college graduate, a strong woman all because of the people who challenged/shaped me throughout my life.

1 comment:

  1. What has happened to the determined pat? I suppose that part has gone now because of me

    ReplyDelete