Sunday, February 13, 2011

True Love

As think about Valentines Day and the true meaning of LOVE, I am brought back to the verses I chose to be read at my Wedding and the Bible.

Recently attending a service, or maybe even something my child shared with me they had learned at church, it was suggested to read the verses I listed below but when the word LOVE was, insert your name.

It really puts a new meaning on if I or YOU really know what true love is. To be more Christ like in my thinking, I have decided to evaluate how I stand with my walk with LOVE. By putting my name in this verse. Because I firmly believe in the verse that start this out, "But have not love, I gain nothing."

Also with this think about are you truely loving the ones you should be showing this TRUE love to. For me it is easier with the kids but harder with the husband, Easier with when my children were younger but harder when they push the limits.

1 Corinthians 13 3-7
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.



(Laura) is patient, (Laura) is kind.
(Laura) does not envy, (Laura) does not boast,
(Laura) is not proud.
(Laura) is not rude, (Laura) is not self-seeking,
(Laura) is not easily angered, (Laura) keeps no record of wrongs.
(Laura) does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
(Laura) always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

What I am going to try to take from this, is before responding to the people I LOVE, I will first evaluate if I am responding like above.

No comments:

Post a Comment